Principles of Information Design for the New Web
- Keep it Simple - Include only necessary functionality and provide a clean efficient design.
- Make it Social - Meet users expectations by enabling connections through social tools.
- Offer Alternate Navigation – Reflect the Zeitgeist of the website community and embrace alternate pathways to information including utilizing visual tools.
New Web Philosophies
- Evolve – Today’s Website creators aren’t afraid to try new things. There is no right answer and everything doesn’t need to be figured out at the outset.
- Be Nimble – Respond to advances in technology and changes in market needs. Be willing to abandon bad ideas
- Be Open – Issue and API and design badges and widgets for your users – or they will design them for you.